Get ready for Boston’s hottest festival. The 5th Annual Boston JerkFest is back for 2 days of fun in the sun in 2017! This outdoor/indoor, family-friendly, festival is a Caribbean foodie event that features Jamaican jerk hot spiced BBQ food. The festival is held in the South End at the Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology, 41 Berkeley Street. A portion of the proceeds from this event supports Cambridge Carnival International.
This family-friendly event offers more than 25 vendors selling a variety of jerk hot spiced food, hot sauces and Caribbean specialty products; craft vendors, live music, kids activities, a Jerk Cook-off, a Seafood Throwdown, other Chef Demos, and a Reggae Bar offering rum punch, craft beer and wine for sale.
You have a choice of two sessions: 11am-3pm and 4-8pm.
Highlights of the festival include:
- Top local Caribbean Chefs offering authentic jerk spiced foods and traditional Caribbean home-made beverages for sale
- Live music featuring reggae, steel band, and other Caribbean music
- Jerk Cook-off Competition
- The Reggae Bar will have rum punch, craft beer, wine and artisan beverages for sale on Saturday.
- Spice Lane includes specialty foods such as rum cake, spicy jams, jerk cheesecake, hot sauces, and desserts
- Kids Zone with interactive arts & crafts and activities for children of all ages
- Arts and craft vendors
Boston Jerkfest will take place June 23rd and June 24th at the Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology!